Technical support department of the educational process
Technical support department of the educational process was established in 2005 as a result of reorganization of the laboratory technical training.
The main objectives of:
- Administration and configuration of the local network and the Internet University;
- Maintenance of server hardware and telephone exchanges;
- Maintenance and installation of a local telephone network and the university;
- Installation of multimedia equipment of the university;
- Current repair of personal computers;
- Provision of room availability of the Business Center of the University;
- Technical support for users of personal computers;
- Maintenance sessions dissertations and academic councils;
- Advice on the procurement of equipment and preparation of technical projects.
During the period of the department existence a campus informing network was put to use on the basis of a fibre-optic communication line.
All subdivisions of the University are lined up in a corporate information system. Advanced stations «Panasonic KX-TDA600» and «Panasonic KX-TDA200» are fitted up in the administration building and in a faculty of technological management.
The equipment modernization is applied in the halls of Board of Academics and dissertation committees. The installation of multimedia equipment is made in the halls № 4, № 5, sports center and the auditorium. The supercomputing cluster powered by IBM Blade Center H is launched.
In 2010 all rooms in the hostels were connected to a local network of the University at a speed of 100 Mbit/s and to the Internet network at a speed of 10 Mbit/s. Due to it, all the hostel students gained an access to a digital library of SSAU.