Font size: A A A
Site Color: С С С
Images: On Off

Admission regulations for foreign students

Documents required:

1.1 Passport and its translation in Russian notarized in Russia. Translated full name should be the same as in visa. If a document was translated in the country of issue it should be notarized in Russia.

1.2 Confirmation of secondary education legalized in the Russian Embassy, its notarized translation made in notary office in Russia. Translated full name should be the same as in visa. If a document was translated in the country of issue it should be notarized in Russia.

1.3 Additional documents:

- questionnaire for foreign citizen;

- 4 photos, 3*4 cm in size

- medical certificate of good health including photoroentgenography

- certificate of the HIV-negative status

- vaccinations certificate

- copy of visa for admission to the Russian Federation

1.4 Applicants to the 1st year should attach a letter of recognition of their diploma in the Russian Federation by the Federal Education and Science Supervision Agency

1.5 Diploma legalization is not necessary for applicants from Abkhazia, Azerbaijan, Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Belarus, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Hungary, Vietnam, Georgia, Spain, Kazakhstan, Cyprus, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Cuba, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Mongolia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Croatia, Czech Republic, South Ossetia, Estonia

1.6 Diploma recognition (validation) is not necessary for applicants from Abkhazia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, South Ossetia (for applicants with full secondary education).

Legalization of a document is confirmation of education documents (Apostille). Apostille is an international standardized form for filling in data on the legality of the document for presentation in the countries that recognize this form of legalization.

Recognition of diploma (validation) is a procedure of determination of equivalence of professional qualifications for foreign countries who wish to study or work in the territory of the Russian Federation. The decision on the recognition and establishment of equivalence of international documents is to be made by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation on the basis of the relevant international decrees of the Russian Federation.

For more information, please visit

2 Invitation to the Russian Federation

If you need visa for admission to the Russian Federation, you should ask for an invitation letter for the chosen University. Letter execution procedure takes about 35 days at the Department of the Federal Migration Service for the Stavropol Region.

To apply for an invitation letter you should submit:

- copy of your passport

- copy of your diploma

- filled out form

- contract on student specialist training

As soon as you receive letter of invitation and get visa in the Russian Embassy you should submit copy of your visa to our University.

Please note that according to the Russian legislation it is forbidden to receive an invitation letter from one university, but enter another one.

3 Migration registration

Migration registration (registration at the place of residence), made by Department of the Federal Migration Service for the Stavropol Region, gives foreign students the right to remain in the Russian Federation. In accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation, a foreign citizen should be registered within seven days after crossing the border, otherwise the legislation of the Russian Federation imposes penalties. Accordingly, you must submit your passport, visa and migration card to the International Relations Office (tel. 35-59-80) the next day after your arrival. Migration registration is possible for a period not exceeding the period of your visa validity (for visa countries) or one year (for visa-free countries).


If you leave Russia (for instance, leaving home for holidays), you must inform the Dean's office and International Relations Office (tel. 35-59-80).

4 Visa

When you arrive to Russia for the first time the type of your visa is single. So you are allowed to cross the state border of the Russian Federation once when entering the country and once on departure. This visa is issued for a period up to 90 days with the possibility of further extension for the duration of the contract for training, but not more than 1 year for each subsequent visa.


You should come to the International Relations Office 50 days before expiry date of your visa. Otherwise, you should go back to your country and apply to new visa there.

After extension a foreign citizen gets multiple entry visa, which allow him to cross the border of the Russian Federation unlimited number of times within the visa validity period.

State fee for the visa extension is 1000 rubles annually.

Please note that upon each visa (multiple) extension you should also renew your migration registration.

Type of your visa is Ordinary educational visa that means you have no right to work in the Russian Federation.

5 Dormitory

Dormitory is a multinational family, and we hope living there will bring you a lot of fun, joy and new experience. Here you can find a lot of friends, get acquainted with Russian culture and train your skills in Russian language.

Keeping your room and common facilities clean is a prerequisite for living in dormitory.

The cost of living in a dormitory is set on a contractual basis. Summer months are also to be paid regardless of whether you are leaving home for the holidays or not.

6 Health insurance

According to Russian legislation, all foreign citizens studying in Russia must have health insurance, valid within the length of stay in Russia. You should obtain it the Dean’s office within 2 days upon your arrival in Stavropol.

Useful links:

Russian education for foreign citizens:

Levels of competence in Russian as a foreign language: